The Learning Metrics Task Force (LMTF) is an initiative by the UNESCO Institute for Statistics and the Center for Universal Education (CUE) at the Brookings Institution in July 2012 to
- Catalyze a shift in the global education conversation from access to access plus learning.
- Build consensus on global learning indicators and actions to improve the measurement of learning in all countries.
The global task force of 30 member organizations, working groups comprised of 186 technical experts, and more than 1,700 consultation participants from 118 countries have worked together over the past 18 months to make the following recommendations:
- 1 - A Global Paradigm Shift
- 2 - Learning Competencies
- 3 - Learning Indicators for Global Tracking
- 4 - Supporting Countries
- 5 - Equity
- 6 - Assessment as a public good
- 7 - Taking Action